Union Church (German Reformed & Lutheran)
Tannenberg began the installation of a new organ for the Union Church in Easton in September of 1776. The dedication took place on November 17 along with the new church building.
The organ was used until 1832 when it was sold to the Lutheran Church in Plainfield in Northampton County. In 1852 it was repaired (or perhaps rebuilt) by Charles Heintzelman who apparently added a detached and reversed console. Early in the 20th Century, the organ was dismantled and stored in a shed and eventually given to the Historical Society of Northampton County in 1920. Unfortunately, the organ has since disappeared except for 43 wood pipes stored at the museum. An examination of these pipes shows them to be from the Gedackt 8' and Flute 4' ranks.
The Lutheran Church in Plainfield still has in their possession, a Gedackt pipe and one of the bellows ribs with writing (in German) and Samuel Tannenberg's signature and the date December 2, 1773. Samuel was seven years old in 1773.
The stop list was:
Source for the stop list: The stop list was written by an unknown person and attached to part of the organ when it was removed from St. Peter's, Pen Argyl and is now in the possession of the Reformed Church in Easton.
Click on the thumbnails to see the larger pictures:
Photo #1: wood pipes at the Northumberland County Historical Society;
Photo #2: bellows rib at St. Peter's Church, Pen Argyl;
Photos #3 and #4: the Union Church in Easton as it is today.